This is the privacy statement for Vereniging Gasopslag Nederland (Gas Storage Nederland), Prinses Margrietplantsoen 40, 2595 BR ’s-Gravenhage, the Netherlands, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 53349199. With this privacy statement, Gas Storage Nederland informs those persons whose data Gas Storage Nederland processes (individual concerned) of the type of personal data being processed and why, the storage periods and the rights of the individual concerned.
What type of information is collected by Gas Storage Nederland and why?
Gas Storage Nederland uses personal data for several different legal reasons:
- The use of personal data may be necessary to ensure proper implementation of the agreement concluded between Gas Storage Nederland and the individual members of the organisation. This concerns contact details so that members can be kept informed of developments relating to gas storage issues.
- Gas Storage Nederland may use personal data for legitimate interests, for example, taking care of requests for and supply of information.
In doing so, Gas Storage Nederland always applies the principle that personal data are processed lawfully, properly and transparently as far as you are concerned. Furthermore, Gas Storage Nederland will only process personal data if the same objective cannot be achieved in a different manner.
Gas Storage Nederland stores personal data as long as Gas Storage Nederland deems it necessary, in order, among other things, to fulfil its relationship with you satisfactorily, to ensure Gas Storage Nederland's security in general terms, to be able to comply with applicable legislation (including legislation relating to retention of documents) and, otherwise, to enable Gas Storage Nederland to carry out its business activities. If you have any questions about specific storage periods for certain types of personal data, please email our data protection officer email@example.com.
Gas Storage Nederland uses appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data and to help prevent information being stolen, misused, accessed without authorisation, provided, amended or destroyed. For example, Gas Storage Nederland stores personal data on computer systems with restricted access and in controlled environments.
Rights of the individual concerned (data subject)
As the individual concerned, you have the following rights:
- Right to information about the processing: what is happening with your personal data and why?
- Right of access: you have the right to ask Gas Storage Nederland to show whether Gas Storage Nederland is processing your personal data, and if so, which.
- Right to rectification: Gas Storage Nederland shall ensure that personal data used are, and remain, accurate. You may ask Gas Storage Nederland to correct or supplement data.
- Right to be forgotten: you have the right to ask Gas Storage Nederland to remove your personal data. It is then Gas Storage Nederland's responsibility to determine whether that request is justified. This may be the case if the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they have been processed or the personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to ask Gas Storage Nederland to restrict the processing, for example, if the data are incorrect or processing is unlawful.
- Right to object: you have the right, for reasons relating to your specific situation, to object to the processing of your personal data. Gas Storage Nederland will cease processing unless there are compelling, legitimate grounds for processing which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms.
If you wish to exercise one or more of these rights, you can do so by emailing our data protection officer firstname.lastname@example.org. Gas Storage Nederland will, as soon as possible, but in any event within one month of receipt of the request, provide information regarding the actions taken by Gas Storage Nederland in response to the request. Gas Storage Nederland may extend this period by two months in relation to the complexity of the request or the number of requests Gas Storage Nederland receives; you will be informed by Gas Storage Nederland if this is the case.
Gas Storage Nederland will try to work with you to find a fair solution if you have a complaint about or a problem with the use of your personal data. However, if you feel that Gas Storage Nederland has not been able to help, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority.
If Gas Storage Nederland uses your personal data following your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Gas Storage Nederland uses functional cookies on this website. Functional cookies are necessary for the website to work properly. The company Google also places a cookie via the website as part of its Analytics service. Gas Storage Nederland uses this service to see how visitors use the website. Refer to the Google Code-website for more information on the cookies that are placed by Google Analytics. More information about how to enable, disable and remove cookies can be found in the instructions and via the Help function of your browser.
Changes to the privacy statement
If necessary, Gas Storage Nederland can adapt this privacy statement and it is therefore advisable to check Gas Storage Nederland's website regularly for the most recent version. If Gas Storage Nederland updates its privacy statement, Gas Storage Nederland will revise the date following 'last updated' at the bottom of the privacy statement. If there are significant changes to the privacy statement or to the way in which Gas Storage Nederland uses personal data, Gas Storage Nederland will inform you before these come into force.
If you have any questions relating to the use of personal data, please send an email to our data protection officer email@example.com.
Last updated: 11 April 2019